Needs and wants are mainly driven by unconscious thoughts and emotions
Is there a need for your (new) product or service? What does that need look like? What are the drivers & barriers towards buying your product or service? Is your product portfolio relevant and how do you maintain its relevance? Are you sufficiently distinct compared to the competition and how can you ensure this?
Needs and wants are largely driven by unconscious thoughts and emotions. Therefore, people often have difficulties indicating what they really want. To capture customers' needs and wants, it's best to measure where needs and wants originate - in customers' brains.
Neuro customer needs analysis: quick turnaround - results within 5-7 working days
Proven to be effective
+/- 95%of thoughts are unconscious
10+ yearbrain research
300+ companies advised
We use scientifically proven qualitative and quantitative research methods for conducting customer needs analysis. Depending on your research questions, we'll select specific methods.
A customer needs analysis is used:
- To gain clear and comprehensive insights into the target group's actual necessities and desires for products or services.
- As a scientific source for convincing internal and/or external investors about the potential of new products or services.
We will take care of everything.
Your convenience is important to us.
After discussing the your research questions, all you have to do is provide the test materials.
We'll do the rest.
Why use a customer needs analysis?
A customer needs analysis is used to gain insights into the needs and wants of your target group. It provides you with the knowledge to adjust the positioning strategies of your brand, products or services.
A customer needs analysis provides answers to:
- What are the needs of the target group(s)?
- Does your product or service portfolio meet the necessities or desires of the target group?
- How do you maintain a relevant product or service portfolio?
- Where are the existing opportunities?
- What are consumers' drivers & barriers to buying your products or services?
- Are your products or services sufficiently distinctive compared to the competition?
If you have different questions, please contact us to see how we can help you.
Together with Neurensics we've investigated which (un)conscious motives lie inside people who never switch energy suppliers. The implicit association study yielded valuable insights into the factors that make behavioural change possible. This resulted in a successful campaign by iChoosr and Vereniging Eigen Huis. Matthijs van Waveren, International Marketing Manager, iChoosr
The specific methods used for a customer needs analysis depends on your question(s) and target group. We've outlined some of the research methods we offer below. Depending on your question(s), we can also include other qualitative or quantitative methods.
RIAT (Rapid Implicit Association Task)
We always use the neuro-technique RIAT for a customer needs analysis. During RIAT, participants need to answer various questions under time pressure. The time pressure eliminates conscious thinking and over rationalisation to ensure revelation of the true needs and wants of your target group.
The needs and wants which are revealed through RIAT are linked to behavioural measures (e.g. 'purchase intention'). It also reveals which needs are most important for conversion, among other factors.
Target group segmentation
We often group the behavioural measures into distinct target groups. Then, different target groups are compared with each other to observe the group with the strongest need.
Conversion funnel research
We can extend the customer needs analysis with conversion funnel research. The needs that are important are identified and then followed up with strategies for conversion. This allows you to create an effective communication strategy.
The customer needs analysis can also be extended with pricing research. This gives you clear insights into the price elasticity and range of acceptable prices according to your target group(s).
What's in it for you?
Within 5-7 work days you'll receive:
- A clear report containing the results and answers to your research questions. The results can be used to convince internal or external investors on the potential of new products or services.
- Advice on the best proposition for (new) products or services.
- The assurance that you're making well-informed tactical and strategic decisions which will contribute to the growth of your business.
These companies already use Neurensics to improve their products & services
Co-Founder & Senior Client Executive
Want to know more about customer needs analysis?
Andries van der Leij
Head of Research & Development
Want to know more about our research techniques?
Are you interested and want to know more? Contact Walter and he'll tell you more and answer your questions.
Do you have a questions about our research techniques? Don't hesitate to contact Andries.